Food Resources in Cities
Locate meals and shelter in your community by calling 2-1-1.
- City of Cedar Rapids
- City of Des Moines
- City of Iowa City
- City of Ames
- City of Marion
- City of Marshalltown
- City of Woodward
- City of Madrid
Visit the Dept. of Human Services website for current information and resources relating to food assistance.
Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP) is available for Benton, Cedar, Marshall, Scott and Tama County residents who were impacted by the derecho and subsequent power outages on August 10, 2020. Eligible families will receive D-SNAP in an amount equal to one month of the maximum amount of Food Assistance/SNAP benefits, based on household size. See full details on the DHS website.
The emergency congregate shelter at Veterans Memorial Coliseum closed on Saturday, August 29. The Red Cross worked with community partners to transition remaining residents out of the shelter.
The shelter service number for Waypoint is currently not working, but their statewide call center is now working. Residents seeking housing services can call 1-833-730-0065. This number will connect you with Waypoint’s Shelter Services.
- Downtown Cedar Rapids
- McGrath Amphitheatre (475 1st St SW)
- NewBo City Market (1100 3rd St SE)
- Cedar Rapids ImOn Ice Arena (1100 Rockford Rd SW)
- Stoney Point YMCA (300 Stoney Pt Rd SW)
- Best Buy parking lot (4650 1st Ave NE)
- Mediacom Office (6300 Council Street NE)
- Hy-Vee (3600 Business Hwy 151, Marion)
- Craft Fitness/Graybill parking lot (205 Miller Rd, Hiawatha)